|KJ (owlmoose) wrote,|
@ 2013-01-01 02:08 pm UTC
|Current music:||"Children's Crusade" - Sting|
|Entry tags:||writing projects|
Words written: 19,055
Words of fic written: 17,989
Stories worked on: Three, and some ficbits
Stories posted: One plus the ficbits
Words written in 2012: 221,500
Fic words written in 2012: 173,353
Fic words posted in 2012: 107,224
Once again, I could almost have made the GYWO goal with fic alone. I did a little more journaling this year than last, although most of it was on Tumblr. The "Other" writing was almost entirely my Sereda Aeducan character development interview, plus a little bit for work.
Goals for the month and the year:
1. Write every day while not traveling, and while traveling if possible. Oh geez, not even close. There was just too much going on. One huge factor is that T took a bunch of days off work, which made it harder to find writing time.
2. Finish rough draft of DABB. I did this, and a day early even. The draft is really rough in places but it's a good start.
3. Write something for the ff_exchange Chocobo Races. Started something, didn't finish it. At first because I was a bit burned out from the rush to finish my DABB, then because I had to finish my dragonageholidaycheer project, and finally my time was eaten by the aforementioned busyness. I hope I can finish it this week.
1. Finish "Wardens of Ivalice". In the end, I barely even worked on it and had to declare it on hiatus for a bit. I would like to get back to this, although not until a couple of other projects are finished.
2. Make my wordcount goal for getyourwordsout. Done, and easily.
3. Review every book I read, even if it's just a star rating on GoodReads, and write a substantial review if I can. Unfortunately, I never really got into the habit of this, although I did better than in previous years.
4. Work on at least one Final Fantasy fic per month (not counting "Wardens of Ivalice"), ideally to completion and posting. I'd say I managed this about half the time.
5. Go through my WIP files and unwritten fic prompts, organize them, and determine which will be finished and which should go into cold storage. Success! It was a useful project, too. Got a lot of things reposted to AO3 and the rest rearranged. It'll be much easier to see what's going on in that folder now.
Overall, I would say this was a very good fic writing year for me, and I got back into meta some, but I'd like to do more. I'll have more to say about the fic, specifically, when I do my fic year in review post, probably later today.
Goals for 2013 and January:
1. Write at least 6 days per week.
2. Finish my story for the Chocobo Races. By Thursday. When I don't even have a complete draft yet. Sure, that'll be easy.
3. Complete final draft for my DABB, due on January 31st.
4. Time permitting, clean up "Right Hand Woman" for posting on AO3.
1. Make progress on "Wardens of Ivalice", for real this time.
2. Do at least two major meta projects.
3. Write at least one non-Dragon Age fic every month.
4. At least three posts or cross-posts in my journal every week, and cross-post fic from Tumblr ot least once a month.
5. Hit my getyourwordsout goal -- I've signed up at the 200k goal again, because why mess with success -- and participate in wrisomifu.