16,603Words of fic written:
12,821 Stories worked on:
Nine (including one finished story from the kmeme, cleaned up to post on AO3)Stories posted:
Six, plus the above repost.Words written in 2011
: 193,129 (!)Fic words in 2011
: 156,411 (!! -- I could have made my getyourwordsout
on fic alone!)Fic words posted in 2011
: 138,277( Charts for the year: )
That last one is pretty striking when you compare to last year
; I actually wrote slightly more
fic this year than last (156k versus 148k), but my total wordcount for 2010 was considerably higher (223k). I didn't do enough "Other" writing in 2011 for me to even bother putting it on the chart, and I also did way less journaling -- 52k words in 2010 versus 35k in 2011. It's less obvious on the charts, but on my spreadsheets, it's clear that my journal writing fell off a cliff in May and never really came back. I'm sure it's no coincidence that this is around the time my Dragon Age obsession really took off.
Anyway, goals.( December )( 2011 )
I'll probably have more to say about 2011 overall when I do my fanfic wrap post, either later this afternoon or tomorrow sometime, but even though I missed a couple of big goals, I am really satisfied with my progress. I found a new fandom
. One that was outside my zone in a number of ways. I don't even know if there are words to convey how big a deal this is to me. I am intimidated by change and scared of taking the initiative to meet new people, and stepping out the door into a new fandom means giant heaping spoonfuls of both. But I did it. Amazing, the things love will make us do.
Also, I finished "Aftermath", which means: I WIN!
Okay, that said: goals for January and beyond.January
1. Write an average of six days per week.
2. Finish my recently-claimed kmeme prompt and "Separation of Powers".
3. Start and complete the "30 Days of Dragon Age" meme, with substantial meta posts as much as possible.
4. Participate in the Chocobo Races. For real this time.2012
1. Finish "Wardens of Ivalice".
2. Make my wordcount goal for getyourwordsout
. I returned to the 200k level, because I blew past 150k so easily this year. Time to make it a bit of a stretch.
3. Review every book I read, even if it's just a star rating on GoodReads, and write a substantial review if I can. Reviewing is probably the part of journaling I've missed most, and I feel like I've really lost track of my reading. Two birds with one stone.
4. Work on at least one Final Fantasy fic per month (not
counting "Wardens of Ivalice"), ideally to completion and posting. I love these fandoms and don't want to give them up, and this seems the best way to keep my hand in.
5. Go through my WIP files and unwritten fic prompts, organize them, and determine which will be finished and which should go into cold storage. No unfinished story or unwritten prompt is ever completely dead, but I need to prioritize and give more headspace to the ones I really do want to finish.
Similar to last year's goals, but more specific, which I think is important. Will it help? Time will tell.